-
The city of South Bend's Office of Sustainability has been planning to receive $3 million in federal grants to fund a new rooftop solar program for up to 150 income-qualified households.
-
New Day Intake Center organizers haven't sought federal money to build their new low-barrier facility and won't need it, but Trump's executive order ending support for their "housing first" approach could hurt the center's odds at winning federal money for operations once it opens.
-
St. Joseph County Council Republicans Amy Drake and Andy Rutten say its time for the county to follow the Supreme Court's and Trump administration's leads on ending affirmative action.
-
The St. Joseph County Health Department says the cuts were required because it's lost millions of dollars in previously committed state and federal funding this year.
-
Former South Bend Mayor and U.S. Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg returned to Iowa for a town hall rallying against the Trump administration's moves so far this year.
-
Two downtown Elkhart retailers told CBS News correspondent Janet Shamlian that they're seeing people pull back on spending as President Trump's tariffs and trade wars create uncertainty.
-
South Bend's Office of Diversity and Inclusion says its talk Thursday is booked solid but they plan more talks each quarter, with the next coming in June.
-
The South Bend Redevelopment Commission Thursday will consider earmarking $1.3 million to demolish the long-abandoned South Bend Range factory — if the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will clean up of the site.
-
The Trump executive order costs Catholic Charities of Fort Wayne-South Bend about $1 million in federal funding to help war refugees resettle.
-
Because it sits in a neighborhood with many people who are low-income or of color, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency had said the South Bend Range site cleanup could qualify for a new environmental justice program that Trump is eliminating.