Indiana Gov. Holcomb In Quarantine
NEW (Nov. 18): In spite of being in quarantine, Gov. Holcomb participated by phone in the weekly Indiana COVID-19 update. He said that so far he and his wife who is also in quarantine are feeling fine. However, he says that some of the members of his security detail who tested positive are displaying symptoms.
You can watch the news conference where the governor spoke below.
PREVIOUS POST (Nov. 17):
Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb has gone into quarantine as of today. Several members of his security detail have tested positive for the coronavirus, prompting Holcomb's need to quarantine.
(You can read the release from Holcomb's office below.)
INDIANAPOLIS — Several members of Gov. Eric Holcomb’s security detail have tested positive for COVID-19.
As a result, Indiana State Department of Health Commissioner Dr. Kris Box has advised Governor Holcomb and First Lady Janet Holcomb to quarantine beginning today. Governor and First Lady Holcomb are considered close contacts and will be tested later this week.
The Indiana State Department of Health will perform the contact tracing for the Governor, First Lady and the security detail.
Dr. Box and Dr. Lindsay Weaver will lead Wednesday’s weekly COVID briefing and the Governor will join by phone.